Monday, March 19, 2012

sweet sweet seven



NO ONE told me about seven months. Seriously. Where were all of you at to warn me? I should have been preparing for this by now! I mean someone should have told me how AWESOME 7 month olds are!!!

In all seriousness this is the "funnest" month yet hands down! My baby doesn't feel so baby, she seems more...pre-toddler haha! I mean beside the fact that she's the size of a small toddler and all! :)




Weight/Height: At her 6 month well check she was 18.7 lbs (90th%) 23 inches (75th%) and her head was in the 75% as well. A week later she got strep, and weighed in at 17.3 lbs, I'm pretty sure we've gained it all back though! I can squeeze her into some of her 6-9 month clothes and pajamas, but 9 months fits the best :) size 3 diapers during the day, size 4 at night. I don't know if I've ever clarified but we wear bigger diapers at night so the wetness doesn't wake her! works like a dream!




Motor skills/Development: GOOD Lord this child is everywhere! Our biggest thing is obviously sitting, crawling, and standing in bed. She does it every time I lay her down. She will practice all her new skills anywhere from 10 mins - 1 hour! Its been a week since it began, and nothing has really changed, I'm not sure if I should just let her ride it out, and see if she eventually gets bored with it all, or if at some point i will intervene and try something new. Any ideas?

She has become quiet the talker. She mostly says "bababa" over and over, but she has said mama, dada, and bye-bye! That one shocked me! It just came out one day..shes only done it once, but at least i know she can! She also tries to wave bye-bye, its really a flailing arm, but hey its something!

She's starting to pull up on things, and is SO close to crawling I'm sure by the time I write this next month she will be all over the place! {my floors will be the cleanest in town! haha }

Taylor and I get a kick out of her ..umm.. determined attitude when she wants something. She will sit really still and then literally LEAP for it. Its hilarious. Sometimes we put things out in front of her that she can't have..like the remote, cell phone, mobys dog toy, to get her to try and crawl. such sweet parents haha!! Speaking of cell phones she's obsessed with them..if i don't put it on speaker she just stares at me with this angry face..silly girl.

Ive been really lazy about the straw cup, i need to work on it much more this month. I want her off a bottle by 9 months, so its time to get serious! haha!





Food/Diet: We've had a few changes here. Dr Capra wanted us to be giving her 5 ounces of formula more throughout the day. So she cut back just a little on solids and moved up in milk a little. She now has 5 6oz bottles a day, I really am hoping by 8 months we will be down to just 4 feedings a day. She has started to not like to eat in the morning, any one else's babies this way? 2 bites in and she's done! I hate eating in the morning, so maybe she just isn't ready for it..hmm.

We have been starting to get ready for finger foods. I gave her a yogurt melt and she chewed it up like a champ. We've been working on those. I bought some puffs to try, maybe later this week ill give those a shot. I just want her to work on things that dissolve before I try real finger foods!

The only new thing we tried recently was peaches and asparagus. Leighton loves green vegetables. Fruit is her least favorite food, with the exception of bananas.

We've had:

Avocados-Still her fav.
Green beans-Second fav.
Asparagus-Third fav.
Butternut Squash
Bananas
Peas
Sweet Potatoes
Apples-bad reaction
Pears-bad reaction

This month I've got zucchini, carrots, and plain organic yogurt that were going to introduce!





Sleep/Independence: Leighton has hit the stage where she notices when I'm not around. Really the only time she wasn't ok with it was when she was sick. Like mother like daughter. I always want my mom when I'm sick, to this day, and I'm 25. ha! Other than that she's totally fine playing by herself! Her night sleep is perfect, she had been waking up around 5 am and playing for 30 mins or so and going back to sleep. Now somewhere between 5 and 6 she just says like 2 words and passes back out. Some days she wakes around 6:40ish...i leave her until 7:00. Those days she doesn't stay awake long in the morning before nap. This whole playing before bed throws off eat/wake/sleep times for me so right now her schedule isn't set in stone so i won't list it. Even when she doesn't get a full nap, she's still SO much fun. She's hardly ever fussy, she plays and laughs and LOVES LOVES when she wakes up from nap and theres visitors at our house!





I totally forgot to mention we now have TWO teeth! I have been waiting on those suckers to pop out for what seems like FOREVER and they are finally here! Just the tippy top is showing but i don't care! Leighton refuses to let me take a picture of them...shes always afraid I'm putting oragel in her mouth hahaha! Im not going to lie, when the first one came through i cried. Thank goodness I was alone and no one saw, but i did, i totally did. Its just so big girl to me. Everything is pouring down on us, one thing after the other, and I feel like I'm losing time! Blessed seems like such a small word compared to what my heart feels. I thank God everyday for my little girl. I thank him for her spirit, her joyful heart, her love. I thank him for leading me to a way of raising her that helps her flourish. Every day someone tells me how happy she is, how content she seems, what a "good" baby is what they say. Yes, she is good. She is happy, she is part of our family, but she does not RUN it. My 10 year old sister asked me the other day "Um, does she EVER cry?" This was after she spent 3 days in a row with me. I thank the Lord for Babywise. People may disagree with it, but it really has helped me be a better mother :) And have you looked at these pictures? Someone please tell me this child isn't a joy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment