Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break Strep

Strep..AGAIN...seriously?!

Beyond annoyed by this. Strep, ear infections, and both bottom two front teeth are just RIIIIIIGHT there..and refuse to come through. Her dr was just as surprised as i was that she had strep again..just a week and a half after she got over the last round of it. He put her on a stronger anti-biotic {not thrilled} for 10 days. I ordered her some drops for her ears that aren't antibiotics, even though he said the medication for the strep would knock out the ear infection too.

This is the perfect example to me of why I don't like antibiotics. You give them to your child, and not 2 weeks later they are sick again. There are times, like strep in an infant, that antibiotics are my only choice, but that doesn't mean I agree with what they are doing to her little body. Of course I would rather battle this out that possibly suffer liver or brain damage due to untreated strep, but her little body just struggles with it so much. Its all "unseen" of course. From the outside she's fine, theres no side effects, not even diarrhea yet...probiotics once a day help with that, but I know whats happening inside. The drugs are killing all the bacteria in her body, good and bad, so while she is getting better from the strep, her immune system is down, theres not much there to battle anything else that comes her way while she's on the meds, her Dr seems to acknowledge this, "no kissing on the lips" were his orders haha. He thinks she most likely re-infected herself, something i missed in my crazy sanitation/boiling of toys session, her sophie...ooooof course. the one thing she plays with all day every day. Miss Sophie is going to get a nice boil today :)

My little sister Breanna has been spending a lot of time at our house over spring break while my mom works. What a JOY it has been having her here, she is such a big help, and she loves loves loves Leighton!! I get to do dishes, laundry, clean the house, take a long shower, and not feel bad about it because baby girl is getting more than enough attention!!

Tuesday I also took a little photoshoot of Breanna, she is a natural, 90% of the poses and "faces" she does all on her own, and she had endless ideas. She is a beauty for sure, look out mom, you thought it was rough with me and erin...you are in for some serious work with this one! haha! good thing theres not a TON of boys to chase in Anson ha!

Heres some of my favs from our session..










okay i know i said a few, but its too hard to choose! Is it wrong to be jealous of a 10 year old? Those crazy blue eyes, full lips, pretty pale skin, thick hair..what a brat ;)

Leightons 7 month post coming soon, along with St. Pattys day cousin photo shoot! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment