Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Leighton Likes Tuesday!!

Im going to be referring to Tuesday as "Leighton Likes" Day..

I dont know if I will always have this much stuff to post on every week, probably just one new thing! But since this is the first post ill just throw em all out there! :)


1. Technically this is something I enjoy, BUT my girl loves to eat, and without this making baby food would be a serious pain! The only thing I don't blend in here is bananas, she would just rather eat them mashed with a spoon! L's sweet grandparents got us this for Christmas this past year and I have put it to SERIOUS use! It comes with everything shown in the picture, and you can get it from the retail web site, Target online, or Bed Bath and Beyond online! Its deff worth the investment!

2. This straw trainer cup is great! First of all its super cute, I love watching her hold it "like a big girl", and its actually a developmental milestone. Did you know sippy cups are considered a handicap in teaching your baby how to drink? Thats why some kids are attached to those things forever! Plus the longer they drink from them..the more likely they are to develop speech impediments...no thanks! I will say the straw leaks if you don't close the tab after a while..but other than that we love it!

3. Little Remedies and Little Tummies make great products! Everything is made with just the right amount of "medication" needed, no more than what your little baby needs! I struggled with L's cradle cap for awhile, and by struggled I mean i was totally grossed out and picked at it constantly, put hats, headbands, bows, whatever I could do to hide it from everyone haha! She could have cared less! I tried this cradle cap lotion and its AWESOME! You put a small amount on the area, brush it in, then just leave it. Then when you bathe them you dry their heads, and re-brush the area. Its totally disgusting but it just starts flaking off! It took about a week and a half for it to be gone completely, and anytime I think her head looks dry in places we use it! And I'm not for sure if its the lotion, or just because her scalp is healthier..but her hair is coming in so thick and soft! Yay!

4. My child is a WILD teether! I mean W.I.L.D. And its literally all over her mouth, back to her molars! Her doctor said she might just have sensitive gums. Let me tell you how excited i am about that..geeze. She loves to chew on things, especially her Sophie giraffe. So it was only fitting that when my sister, and likely Leighton's favorite person ever, saw a new teether product at Target she scooped it up for her! This one you guys is seriously cool, and probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in her mouth. Its shaped like a mouth guard, with special ridges in it. Its said to be a more natural way to teeth, meaning you aren't just shoving something squishy in your mouth and going to town. This one actually works certain areas of the gums to massage sore spots, and work teeth through in less time! Cool huh! Plus she looks like a little football player chewing on it haha! Thanks aunt Erin for the best find this month!!

5. To say I'm obsessed with rompers would be an understatement. Who wouldn't want to see her rolly little thighs in a bubble romper?! Summer...please hurry....we can't wait much longer!! Leighton owns all 3 of these little cuties thanks to, once again, aunt Erin!!! The cherry one is ridiculous, she's worn it twice on some very warm days and I die a little every time, its just so cute!!

6. Leighton is starting to out grow her "baby" toys..like the play mat etc. She's moving onto bigger and better things! Her Bop and Granny got her this for Christmas! We pulled two of the legs off, so it leans on the floor, and we both sit in front of it and play! Im trying to teach her things like "open-close" "turn" "push" etc. She will do it about 40% of the time...the other 60% she just likes to slam her hands into it and see what will happen..both ways she loves it haha!

Well thats all for this week! I have a feeling nap time will end early today...my lovely neighbor decided 8:30 would be a good time to trip the metal poles on his fence...what a genius :)

1 comment:

  1. ew they are building a house next to ours.. I know exactly what you are going through. stinks.

    ReplyDelete