Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mama's a MESS!



I am having a moment. Technically its been a week long moment but whatever.
I...am an emotional disaster. EVERYTHING has been making me cry, and get all gushy.
Let me be clear that this is not typical for me. Im a matter of fact type person, to the point, down to business girl. But lately, I can feel God changing my heart.

Some examples?

Leighton got two teeth, i cried.

She got a new big girl bath tub, while I was blowing up this adorable inflatable seal bath tub, i cried.

My sister posted a picture of her 2 month old baby in a cute purple stripe hoodie, i cried.

I took pictures of my best friends newborn, 8 day old, tiny baby girl yesterday. While editing the pictures, I cried.

On TV some very bad men kidnapped a baby girl and put her in a freezer truck and when they started to close the door on her ( using her as bait obviously ) she pushed up on her arms and made the saddest face and let out a whimper...i cried and taylor quickly changed the channel.

Leighton rode in the front of the basket at Target the other day with me ( remind you this is NOT the first time she's done this ) when we got in the car i cried.

I was looking over blogs this morning, re-read my friend Brittanys post on her daughters baptism, i cried.

After I sang you are my sunshine to L this morning and walked out of her room, i cried.

Im a blubbering mess. A lot of people around me have new little babies, my sister, kyra, and my sister in law is about to have a precious little girl to. I love talking to them about the littleness, the struggle of newborns, how some days are just not joyful, your sleep deprived, your home is a mess, and in my sisters case, your other other child is going to drive you up the wall. I remember not to long ago I could totally relate. NOW i want to grab them and shake them and say STOP..WAIT..JUST LIVE THIS..because 7 months from now there will be teeth, and bath tubs, and big girl car seats, crawling, talking, and YOU will be a blubbering mess in the front seat of your car in the Target parking lot alone, like a weirdo! And while all these things are good, and fun, and exciting, I will not get those moments back.

I told Taylor yesterday that if all babies are as much fun as Leighton is at 7 months we should just get started on the next. He laughed and said NO...firmly. haha..i agree, we are NOT ready. But oh how I long for the tinniness, the infancy, the little coos while sleeping, how they hold your finger, oooooooo babies.

Until then I will love, cuddle, feed, clean, say no-no 900X to my sweet, chubby, adorable girl. Until she's 30 and allowed to get married and have a baby of her own..then i will steal it and run away. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment