Friday, February 24, 2012

A Little Morning Magic

The morning is my favorite time of the day, a close second is when Taylor walks in the door around 5:00!

Our mornings are pretty much exactly the same every day....ok...it IS exactly the same every day! And they are just so special to me. Its the most routine, planned out part of the day. It goes a little something like this...

At 7:00 Leighton wakes up, I give her a bottle ( sometimes Taylor does this also..like on the weekends ) then i feed her breakfast.
Then she spends time in bed with daddy while I clean bottles, make coffee, make and pack Taylors lunch for the day, start laundry, and do dishes.
She watches him get dressed, they roll around, blow raspberries, have pretty much the best time ever. I absolutely love making sandwiches in the kitchen and listening to her CRACK up...she doesn't laugh like that for me...or anyone else, just her daddy :)

7:45 rolls around at its time for Taylor to go to work and leave us for the day. We almost always stand on the front porch and watch him go, I wave and say "bye-bye" like 200 times, I can't wait for her little chubby arm to wave to him!!

Then we go back to the bed, change a diaper if we need to, then settle in with some books. I think i read like 10 books each morning, she loves it, i love it too :) Pretty close to 8:10 we head to her room, put lotion on her hands and face, brush all that lovely hair haha...then i turn the lights off, pick her up and sing "you are my sunshine" she holds my face in her hands while i sing and smiles the biggest smile you've ever seen. Its something i will never ever forget. Then I lay her down, pray for God to be with her while she sleeps, keep her comfortable, to block her ears to all the sounds that might wake her..like birds, cars, trains, me breathing ;) and walk out...

She then sleeps for the next two hours. Those two hours are the most wonderful ME time!
Most of the time I grab some coffee and head straight to my computer. I blog, Facebook, Pintrest, research stuff ( for the nerd and hippie in me as my sister would say haha )
then when I'm all internet-ed out...yes its a word ;) ..I go to the living room, catch a little Kathie Lee and Hoda on the Today Show, then read in my Bible. Reading the Bible is still new to me, sometimes I get lost really fast..ive decide to read two chapters a day, anymore than that and I forget what I just read. Its a learning experience! haha! Im almost done with Luke, so any recommendations on what to read next would be great!

Anyways, during this time I don't get out of my pajamas, put makeup on, do any extra cleaning, i just let it all be. I love it...its perfection :)

I was telling Taylor yesterday that Leighton is actually getting older..I KNOW she's getting bigger, trust me my back reminds me every day, but I can now see her getting older! It used to be just little things every week or so that reminded me she was growing up. Now I see it every day. Reaching for everything, making faces that reflect how she's feeling, responding to her name, making sounds when I ask her questions, pushing things away, etc. My baby is growing up, she doesn't feel so "baby" anymore. I knew it would eventually happen..and I'm excited and sad at the same time. Someone please tell me to get a grip haha!

1 comment: