Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Girls Girl

Ive decided mornings will be "blog" time for me, along with coffee, reading, pinterest-ing, and devotionals. :)

Leighton is a girl. Well, obviously she's a girl, but i mean she's a girly-girl. She's dainty ( despite her girth haha ) she doesn't like to be tossed, shook up, loud noises, sudden movements etc. She's the epitome of what i think a girl should be. Which is very bizarre because i was NOT a girly-girl.

I was about as tomboy as they come! I wanted to be a daddys girl, i wanted to play softball, watch football and basketball and pretend i knew what was happening. My wardrobe consisted of Jinco jeans, long boy shorts, soccer tshirts...actually any GUYS shirt, tennis shoes and tall socks. sick. it makes me so crazy just thinking about the way my mom let me leave the house. But with two ( i have an identical twin sister ) girls to get ready every morning who can blame her.

My sister Erin was the quintessential girly girl. She wore her hair curly, she loved plaid skirts, with knee high socks, baby doll shoes and sweater vests. She was juuuuuust precious. She played power rangers with her friends during recess, she, of course, was the pink ranger. They ran in circles giggling and traded stickers for amusement.

I was the captain of the kick-ball team, boys lined up to be picked by me. Recess was normally met with some challenge from some poor soul who thought they could beat me in a race around the track. Girls? who needed em'. Erin and I pretended to not know each other during recess, we were both embarrassed of each other....how ironic is that?

Now i am VERY different. Shopping-is what I'm best at. Getting dressed is FUN for me. Im as girly as they come, i hate when me feet are dirty, i can't stand a messy house, but i still am not a fan of pink..leightons nursery is navy and white. Needless to say she will probably never have a pink princess room haha!

Only the future will show what kind of girl Leighton will grow into. Im praying a good mix of both, but mostly girly...a little sticker trading is good for everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment