Thursday, February 9, 2012

on the light side

leighton is a light sleeper. this should come as NO shock to me...everything wakes me up. leighton can make the smallest sound in the middle of the night and I'm wide awake, its also VERY hard for me to go back to sleep. sadly my little chub has inherited both traits from me. maybe the next kid will sleep like a log like their daddy? i can only hope!

when i say light sleeper, i mean anything will stir her. the wind blowing to hard, a dog barking, cars driving by, me cooking ( our house is very small ) even birds chirping to loudly...even though i will say the birds outside the house are the loudest most obnoxious birds I've ever heard in my life!! i think they must be mutated from eating the food from the dumpster behind the elementary school across the street...poor things haha!

my sister recommended to me a big box fan. her daughter shayne has always slept with one, and she never hears anything going on in their house, and its about the same size as ours..so I'm thinking I'm going to head to her casa tomorrow morning to borrow hers for the day and see if it will be worth the $ first...she doesn't know this plan yet, i haven't asked, i just assumed it would be ok, hey..what are sisters for? haha!

right now she has a sound machine, on the loudest setting it will go, I've been in her room while its on, and i know the things i hear would wake me up, so i guess i can't blame her! ya know what i love? when people say "well, she will just have to get used to a little noise" really? well lets trade places for a month while you try to acclimate my 6 month old...i mean come on.

wish us luck with our box fan adventure :)

you know what stinks? the weather! the wind, the allergies, the cold. blah..just blah! I'm ready to go on walks everyday, to get a jogging stroller, to put my gloriously chubby girl in a swim suit and sit in a plastic pool in the yard! please spring...hurry up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment