Friday, September 28, 2012

Be Still...

Today I spent my morning walk with Leighton just thanking God. Thanking him for everything. You know how you say your nightly prayers, spend some time in devotion, sing some songs along with the radio..which are wonderful and good things..but lately I've felt like I'm just "doing" them, not DOING them. Yea, that makes no sense, but its my blog so it doesn't really have to ;)

What I mean is I breathed in the air, and just let it out with thanks. WE...me, you, your neighbor, all of us, WE are so blessed. Would I love to have a bigger house, of course..but the one I have is a blessing, a beautiful warm blessing. Could I use more money...WHO COULDN'T?! But we are provided for continually..again and again. Would I like Leighton to be the most well behaved, best sleeping, healthiest, happiest child that has ever been born? Yes, but she isn't ever going to be that, and she's a perfectly perfect mess. Do i want my husband to spend all day every day at home with us ? Ok..maybe not ALL day EVERY day..but duh we would love more time with him. But God saw fit for him to work, with is hands, earning every penny, doing what he loves, and thats the way it should be.

What I'm trying to say is, I spend SO much time wishing, and thinking of the future, and praying for this and for that, and not NEAR enough time THANKING our Heavenly father for the blessings that are pouring down on me right this very minute. I pray for release from my "earthly" desires. I want so much that there is just no need for. Will those new boots be the salvation of my soul? Will that new rug be played back to me when I stand and watch the works of my life at the feet of God? No...they won't. The time I spent in devotion to God will be..and I really really want to increase that time of my lives "video" don't you?

Got a little deep there...sorry! HA! Im going to just spend this day, and every day the best I can, in thanks. That way i really feel EACH blessing come upon me, something amazing and overwhelming , little presents from our God that say "Hey, you, stubborn girl, I LOVE YOU"



:)

1 comment:

  1. Very inspirational post! I to need to spend each waking moment giving thanks. Even in those dark moments when you feel your world is going through a storm of a life time, you have to find that moment to say "Thank you for what you have given me Lord." It's hard to do sometimes, because no matter what we always want more. I needed this post today! Hope you day and everyday from now on is blessed!

    ReplyDelete