Thursday, September 13, 2012

FALL FAVORITES!

I haven't done a favorite's post in FOREVER...actually I haven't blogged in what feels like forever! I guess I've been busy..yeah ill go with that!

SO ITS FALLLLL! ...well not "technically"...but in Megan land it is, yes, Megan land is a great place, you should visit. Its very clean, everything in perfect order, crafting and baking are a daily thing, and there is an ever flowing bounty of coffee and wine...sign...

Ok back to the real world. My sister and I celebrate the "embers" which begin in Sept"ember" and run through Dec"ember"...get it? Yea were so clever. Christmas season officially begins for us on Sept. 1st..gift shopping starts up, Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby CDs start popping out...its perfect. BUT I do love fall..the cool weather, the leaves turning, everything..so i mixed up a little "fall faves" list for ya...what are you loving for fall?!



{ SHOWS }

Fall TV is my favorite. We don't have cable ( collective gasp! ) so anything local is what were watching. I love love love love The Voice..if Christian Aguilera would quit it would be even BETTER! I want to be best friend with Cee-Lo...but I'm afraid I'm not cool enough :/

SMASH is a show Taylor and I got into last year, i love musicals, but I can't STAND Glee...i think this is somewhere in-between haha! OH I should also mention my obsession with Up All Night with Christina Applegate...i love how it mirrors the same walk of life I'm in right now..not to mention its just stupid funny!

{ COFFEE }

In Megan land, coffee is always acceptable...even when its 105 outside..but in the fall you can go to S-bucks and get a Pumpkin Spice Lattee without people asking if your sure. ha! in a couple weeks ill be filling up on peppermint mochas..oh the joy!

{ KIDS }

Fall clothing is the best. Last fall Leighton was still so small, but this year her wardrobe options are so wide open and i can't even tell you how excited I am! My little walker is wearing some holes in her Converse chucks..these little beauties will be ordered Oct 1st! CANT WAIT! - nordstroms.com FYI

{ SCENTS }

Im not sure if these even need an introduction...or explanation..or sales pitch.
Bath and Body Works. Fall scented. 3 wick candles. That enough? You find a candle that scents your home as well as these and you let me know! THANKS!

{ DECOR }

Our house is small, not much room for decorations just laying around, especially with a 1 year old. So i will utilizing the front door as much as possible! Im thinking a cute jute/burlap wreath and some fun painted pumpkins, or thumb tack pumpkins. Seriously, how did we ever decorate before pinterest? SO many options, without having to carve, and deal with gnats hovering around your molding pumpkin at the door.

{ FOOD }

I love a good stew..soup..chili..all of the above. I reallllly love making it in a crock pot and smelling it ALL day long. My husband doesn't think this qualifies as a "meal" so i have to make extra things for him. Oh the sacrifices of marriage.. ;)

{ ACCESSORIES }

If I could wear boots and scarves YEAR round I would. I have been obsessing over all combat esque boots and I'm loving these! I have yet to find the right black pair..but I will find you, mark my words! Im so happy the aztec prints that started coming out late summer are sticking around for fall! They make my heart happy!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I just did a fall post too! I think the rainy weather has finally given me hope of it coming :) I'm ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...going to go read it!! I know i feel so excited haha!

    ReplyDelete