Thursday, July 12, 2012

Leightons room!

SO i realized yesterday that I have never put up any pictures of our home. People keep asking me to put up pictures of L's room, and to be honest I've never gotten around to it is because its not finished. Yes..she will be one year old next month and still has an unfinished nursery :/ haha!

Why is it unfinished? Well I had a long list of plans for my handy-man husband to do, and several things i needed to buy, and THEN we decided that we wanted to build a home. It may be next month, it may be 3 months from now, who knows...were waiting on there perfect lot to come open! :) SOOO that completely stopped my decorating plans. I just don't see the point in it all when the whole room will change when we move somewhere in the near future ( Lord willing ) In our new home I will be packing all of the blue decor away for the next kiddo, and starting over with Leightons room, vintage..shabby-chic, lace, pastels...ooo i can't wait! The blue decor is perfect and I love it, and we chose it specifically for the purpose that it will work for boys and girls, and be reusable! Same reason I bought a black stroller and car seat.

Ok so anyway here are some pictures of her unfinished room!!! Hope you can see where I was heading with it haha!


The is the view from the front door..in the left corner I wanted to get a big squishy chair/love seat we could cuddle up in to read..



The dresser we had re-finished. It will work well for any room in the future. We just added the changing pad on the top.



I bought the crystal lamp base at Target, and made the lampshade by punching out paper and curling the edges. The bird cages are just for a little somethin' girly!



The picture above her bed is a picture of Taylor and I on our wedding day, I think its kind of her own version of a prince and princess... Taylor is going to make me a ornate frame for this soon! Her bedding and crib are from Kids Village.





These framed pieces are so precious to me! A friend of mine from high school designed them and printed them up for me..you can check out her work here, she's amazing, she's also doing Leightons first b-day invites! "You are my Sunshine" is what I sing to L before every nap and bedtime. I literally cried when Taylor hung these up, I pray she always knows how much i love her. She can keep these forever, just switch out the frames! love love love them!!

The other art piece was a mirror I turned chalkboard, It has one of my favorite quotes written on it.



Even though its unfinished its still her room, and we all love it. Cant wait to get started on the next one :)






2 comments:

  1. looks adorable! And I love the lampshade you made. Just so you know.... theres an empty lot on Highland Avenue--- you should drive by it. (and you would have awesome neighbors--- us!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that would be SO fun..but Taylor is set on the Wylie area...resale value and all.

      Delete