Monday, October 17, 2011

2 months

So technically, Leighton won't be 2 months old for 2 more days. But I've got the morning free since pinterest isn't working, and it isn't time to wake the girl up yet.

Really not a WHOLE lot has changed since my last post. But heres the run down on whats happening in the world of a two-month old :)

* Not exactly sure how much she weighs, we really need to get a scale. Im guessing 11lbs 5 ounces.
*Is laughing all the time now, mostly when I change her diaper. But she also laughs a lot at her cousin Shayne, I haven't really seen her do it but Erin swears she does it haha!
* In size 2 diapers, 3 month old clothes, and is starting to outgrow her woombie swaddle, I can't find one that goes over size 12 lbs in Abilene, go figure, it IS Abilene. I guess I will have to order one.
*Were doing tummy time once every time she's awake. In the morning when we lay her on her tummy she rolls over...every time. Im kind of impressed haha! But she ONLY does it in the morning..guess she's picky about when to show off?
* Taking pro-biotics once a day, eats 4 oz of formula 6 times a day, and Colic Calm for those "fussy" nights or when her tummy hurts.
*Still loves "wheels on the bus" (her cousin Shayne's version is the cutest, it includes parts about Leighton hiccuping on the bus, and Shayne consoling her...so precious, I pray Leighton is a smart as that girl one day ) but also really likes "Rise" by Shawn McDonald when were in the car.
*Likes to be carried facing out, or up on your shoulder, she's not so crazy about the "cradle" hold anymore...gosh she's so big.
* Still doesn't like her bouncy ( but she likes aunt Erins? ) or her boppy. Just the plain ol' floor for her. I can't wait for her to be big enough for her bumbo, and jumper!.....or maybe I can?

Its all happening so fast. You know how people say " nothing can prepare you for what its like to be a mother " ? They are SO right. I mean no matter how much your around children, or how many siblings you have, NOTHING comes close to this. Its the most amazing, nerve racking, precious, hair ripping, blessed, time of my life. I cannot imagine my world without this little girl, its hard to imagine it ever existed any other way! 2 months has FLOWN by and before I know it she will be sitting, then crawling, eating real food, talking, walking, driving, omg. I look forward to every little bit of ALL of it.

Love you baby girl. Happy 2 months to you...and me :)

( I promise there will be pictures soon! )

No comments:

Post a Comment