Thursday, August 16, 2012

When it rains it pours...no kidding

Im having "one of those days". Blah. Its cloudy out and its supposed to rain, which is perfect for this cold loving girl, but its not doing a whole lot for me today.

L's birthday party is on Saturday, and every day they have increased the rain chance little by little, and this morning the weatherman told me "thunderstorms saturday morning into late afternoon". Ugh. We need the rain, I KNOW we need the rain, but can you pleaaaaase just hold off until 1pm Lord? Please? I really don't know what we will do if it storms...cramming everyone into our house i suppose, and pushing aside the decorations I've spent months....literally months...working on. Im trying to not let the material side of me come out here, remembering the friends and family joining us could really care less about the red and white tent i sewed, or the signs that go on all the food, but "party planning" and "gift giving" really are my gifts and talents, and it makes my heart sad to think only I will see the whole picture come together in my mind...

Only Saturday will show what the outcome will be i suppose...

On another note I hurt my back, I really think i popped a rib out of place or something...it was really bad last night, i barely slept at all, and today I can't take deep breaths and have a really hard time picking L up...

And L..Oh my teething grumpy child. I have been begging the Lord to let her sweet little spirit back through. We are going through some weird one year old separation anxiety, throw a fit the minute i don't get what i want phase and its wearing on my nerves. I still think I'm comparison to most babies her age she's a dream, but for someone who's just not used to dealing with grumpiness its hard to handle. 11 months of a joyful child, I guess i can handle a couple fussy ones, i guess....



On a lighter side of things, I have gotten a lot done around the house decoration wise, I figured it will be a while until we build something and I'm ready for this place to feel a little more homy, ill try and take some pictures soon..

SPEAKING of pictures, I have been crazy busy! Not so much with family shoots but I've been doing a lot of commercial shots for home renovation type things. Its different, and challenging in a totally different way! BUT the most exciting thing is I will be shooting the 2nd annual Fashion Night Out for Betty and June Boutique here in Abilene! SOOOOO excited! Its a non-profit even, and all proceeds go to Abilene Young Life. It will be catered by Abi Haus ( A new restaurant downtown ) and Enchanted Rock Vodka. Ill post more details as I receive them...its Sept 1st so mark your calendars !!

Well I better put some clothes on, I've got some grocery shopping to do for the party...and L wakes up in 30 mins...

Her one year pictures will be done tomorrow...so keep an eye out for those :)

No comments:

Post a Comment